GIRLS ACTION FOUNDATION* is looking for a new leader.
Canada’s leading girls and young women empowerment organization is seeking a new Executive Director. Operating on a national scale out of our head office in Montreal, GIRLS ACTION FOUNDATION is a national charitable organization that inspires and supports the empowerment, leadership and healthy development of girls and young women across Canada. Through our innovative programs, research and support to a network of over 200 partnering organizations, the GIRLS ACTION FOUNDATION reaches over 60,000 girls and young women, annually-providing opportunities for them to build strength, discover their power and gain confidence to bring their talents to the world.
GIRLS ACTION FOUNDATION is seeking a passionate, savvy, experienced champion for girls and young women. Over the past 15 years, we have increased our profile, multiplied our impact, and expanded our reach into the hearts and minds of girls and young women, and their supporters, across Canada. Now we are looking for an exceptional woman, who as a collaborative leader with a commitment to social change, can drive a new and exciting stage of our development. Working with a dedicated and diverse Board, the Executive Director will provide the vision and direction for GIRL ACTION FOUNDATION’S strategic objectives. She will provide inspiration and support to the organization’s experienced staff team, develop a revenue generation strategy to support our core and strategic work, and exercise opportunistic leadership to pursue emergent opportunities to positively impact our program activity.
The ideal candidate will have a commitment to feminist and anti-oppression perspectives and equity, and the ability to bridge popular education, social innovation and business savvy to seize new opportunities to keep the organization responsive and thriving. Familiarity with current issues related to girls and young women, especially Indigenous and racialized young women, including an understanding of related cultural and historical contexts will be an asset. She will also have experience and a demonstrated track-record in progressive management experience in social change work, in building diverse networks, in promoting capacity building, fostering organizational growth and attracting new funding.
To be considered, applicants must have demonstrated:
- extensive experience in grant acquisition and fundraising derived from a variety of sources and using innovative approaches;
- ability to lead, motivate and inspire staff, network members, project partners and volunteers;
- experience in maintaining strong government relations at all levels and with national and provincial partner/territorial organizations;
- knowledge of new communication and management technology and the ability to implement them to support the organization’s managerial and administrative functions;
- strong conceptual ability with the capacity to understand complex operating and policy issues, evaluation frameworks, and program interrelationships;
- excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to effectively represent the organization with various stakeholders;
- oral and written bilingualism.
HOW TO APPLY
To explore this incredible opportunity to lead an innovative, effective national girls organization, please forward your résumé, and cover letter outlining how your experience makes you a good fit for Girls Action Foundation email@example.com
Electronic submissions are encouraged. Deadline: November 21, 2011
More information about the Girls Action Foundation is available atwww.girlsactionfoundation.ca.
The Girls Action Foundation’s national office is located in Montreal. We seek applicants interested in residing in Montreal. Salary will depend on qualifications and experience and will be negotiable within a range appropriate to the sector.
The Girls Action Foundation is committed to diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from young women, members of racialized groups, Indigenous and LGBTQ communities.
We are grateful for all applications; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.