Hope y’all are enjoying the summery weather out there.
Here’s some updates from the collective, which includes updates from the AGM, and a call out for SOCC Representatives on the UVSS Board and from the Grad Student Society (GSS).
The minutes from the SOCC AGM that happened on April 27th, 2015 can be found by clicking here. They are below as well. Thank you to all SOCC members that came out. It was a kind and productive meeting.
Notes of interest:
– The Students of Colour Collective Constitution was amended. Please check out the changes on our website: https://soccpage.com/constitution/
– Bi-weekly meetings will happen for the rest of Summer. The next meeting will be on May 12th, starting at 12:30pm in the SOCC office (B020, Student Union Building, UVIC). Snacks will be provided.
– Appointed to the Advocacy Council is Cage Chuttoo
SEEKING SOCC REPRESENTATIVES:
– We are still looking for a SOCC Representative to the UVSS Board. This is an opportunity to be a part of the UVSS leadership team that provides services to almost 15,000 undergraduate students. This person would be a member of the SOCC and represent the interests of racial justice. If you are interested, please email email@example.com and submit a small paragraph on why you would like to represent the Students of Colour Collective.
– We are also looking for a member to join our collective that is a Graduate Student on Campus. If you are a Graduate Student, and would like to be more involved in addressing racism and white supremacy on and off campus, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*These positions are for those who self-identify as a person of colour and/or Indigenous*
Thank you and look forward to hearing from you all soon!
Students of Colour Collective
University Of “Victoria”
Lkwungen and WSANEC Homelands
Minutes from AGM:
April 27th, 2015 5:30-8:30pm
Attendance: Tri, billy (OC, Office Coordinator), Cage, Daphne, and David.
Agenda + Minutes:
Acknowledgement of Lkwungen and WSANEC Homelands – billy
Review and approval of AGM Agenda
Review and approval of minutes from last AGM
- Question: Are the Work Studies getting top ups from SOCC? OC will find out.
Review and approval of Students of Colour Constitution
- Many changes made to the Constitution. Please see updated Constitution.
Appointment of UVSS Board Representative
- Not successful.
Appointment of Advocacy Council Representative
- Cage Chuttoo.
Summer Meeting Schedule
- Meetings will happen every 2 weeks, at 12:30pm. The next meeting will happen on May 12. The last meeting of the Summer will happen on Aug 18th.
Office Coordinator Report
Anti-O Workshop request from VIPIRG
- OC time Approved
Sexualized Violence Prevention Week
- OC time Approved
Tabled for next meeting:
SOCC Socials, Gifts of Art, Work Study Application Process for Fall, Finding Dawn Screening, Social Media, Graduate Society Student Representative, Advocacy Council Proposals